At Anderson Heating & Cooling, we believe Mentor, OH residents should have options with home cooling. That’s why we offer a variety of systems and solutions for every home situation. Whether you have a large home or a small apartment, we have a system that’s perfect for your budget and needs. Call us right now for a consultation and recommendation.
Do you notice moisture around your AC? It could be a dangerous refrigerant leak. Call us for help!
How Ductless Systems Work
A ductless mini split system works like your traditional AC unit but without the need for ductwork. Both central AC units and ductless units produce cold air the same way by bringing in warm air from the house, sucking out the heat and moisture, then pushing it outside. However, the difference lies in how they make the air cold. Ductless air conditioners blow cold air directly into a particular room while central AC units push cold air through the ducts to disperse throughout the house.
Why Choose Ductless?
Ductless or mini split AC systems have several advantages over traditional central AC units. And they’re not just for home use either; they adapt quickly to the office or other industrial applications. Here are the main benefits of a ductless mini split installation.
- Size: The small size and footprint of these units make them ideal for small areas and cooling individual rooms.
- Installation: Because you don’t need to carve out ductwork in the house, installing a mini split ductless system is much easier, quicker, and often cheaper than a traditional central AC.
- Energy Efficient: Without ducts, there’s virtually no energy loss. On average, over 30% of energy is lost through ductwork, which makes the ductless systems more energy-efficient and cheaper to operate.
- Safety: Window-mounted AC units pose a security risk by exposing your home to potential thieves or intruders. The ductless system keeps your home safer and more secure.
If you’re having trouble regulating the temperature in your home, it could be a thermostat problem. Check out our thermostat services then call for an appointment.
When Your Mini Split System Needs Repair
If you already have a ductless system, there are several issues to watch for and call for a repair before the problem gets worse.
- Leaking Water: Fluid leaks indicate a drain line clog. Call for a repair before your home suffers water damage.
- Ice On The Coil: If ice builds up on the coil, it indicates a problem that you shouldn’t ignore.
- Age: If you’ve had your unit for years and never cleaned or had it maintained, it’s time to do so before it loses power and efficiency.