The best way to ensure your air conditioner is ready for summer is to call a professional HVAC contractor for annual maintenance in the spring. Getting your system tuned-up and fixing small problems before they become large ones are crucial to keeping your system running smoothly and ensure its longevity. Call Anderson Heating & Cooling today and ask about our AC repair and maintenance services in Eastlake, OH.
Don’t take our word for it; check out our customer reviews to find out what your friends and neighbors think about our service.
How to Maintain Your Air Conditioner
Too many people find out during the hot summer months that their air conditioner is failing, and by that time, it’s tough to schedule a repair or replacement. To avoid a system shutdown during peak AC times, you must keep your system in tip-top shape by maintaining it the same way you would your vehicle. Here are a few tips to making sure your AC is ready to go when you need it and operates without problems.
- Change the filter at least once a month.
- Listen for unusual sounds like squealing, popping, or grinding and call for help when you notice them.
- Check for reduced airflow.
- Make sure your ducts and vents are clean.
- Clean the outside unit and make sure it’s level.
- Straighten any bent fins.
- Lubricate any moving parts that require lubrication.
- Call a professional HVAC contractor for maintenance service in the spring to ensure your system is in top operating order for summer.
Watch Out for Signs Your AC Is Failing
Another key to ensuring your air conditioner is ready for summer is to note anything unusual and fix it before it develops into a more significant problem and eventually failure. Here are some common symptoms telling you that your AC is in trouble.
- Short Cycling: When your system runs for three minutes or less, then shuts off.
- Lukewarm Air: If your AC isn’t putting out the cold air it once used to.
- Poor Airflow: If your AC doesn’t ‘feed’ the whole house adequately.
- Inconsistent Temperatures: If you notice some rooms colder than others.
- High Energy Bills: If your energy bills suddenly rise for no apparent reason.
- Unusual Sounds: Any popping or squealing sounds.
Call Anderson Heating & Cooling as soon as you notice something out of the ordinary so we can fix it before it’s too late.
Don’t let money be a barrier between you and a new, reliable air conditioner. Check out our specials for money-saving deals.
When Is It Better to Replace Your AC Versus Repairing It
We understand that most homeowners don’t want to shell out the money or deal with the hassle to replace an air conditioner. And, it’s easier and cheaper to fix the old unit than get a new one. So, why get a new one? Well, getting a new AC installation means you’re getting a new, more reliable system that will last longer and save you money. Also, if you’re throwing away money, keeping your old system running, you can save that by investing in a new unit. Lastly, if the cost to keep your old unit running is 50% or more than that of a new system, getting a new installation makes better sense.
If you’re still not sure what to do, call Anderson Heating & Cooling and let us inspect your system and recommend the best course.