Boiler breakdown is the last thing you want to deal with, especially during the winter. When the temperature drops below freezing, a non-working boiler can lead to frozen and burst pipes and property damage. If your boiler is giving you trouble, call Anderson Heating & Cooling now for expert repair. Our team has over 30 years’ experience in Mentor, OH and will diagnose and fix the problem quickly.
If your furnace makes unusual sounds or doesn’t give out enough heat, check out our furnace repairs for relief.
How to Know Your Boiler Needs Repair
At Anderson Heating & Cooling, our expert technicians have seen virtually every kind of boiler problem, and we’ve fixed them all. Don’t let a failing boiler ruin your comfort or property. Call us if you notice any of the following:
- Leaking Water: A water leak could be something as simple as a loose pipe connection, or it could be something wrong internally. Either way, you must call a pro to fix it before the problem gets worse.
- Foul Odors: If you smell something foul around the boiler, it’s a sign that the system isn’t working correctly. It could be a gas leak or overheating circuits.
- Odd Sounds: Boilers make sounds during startup and shutdown, and once you know the sounds, it’s easy to know when something sounds different. Whistling noises indicate mineral buildup, while gurgling could be something more serious.
- No Hot Water: No hot water is a sure sign that your boiler isn’t functioning as it should.
- Water Doesn’t Get As Hot: If the water coming out of the spigot isn’t as hot as it used to be, it could be a broken dip tube or the beginnings of unit failure. Call us for an inspection right away.
What Size Boiler Do You Need?
You must choose the right size boiler for your home if you want sufficient hot water when you need it. So, how do you get a unit that’s not too big or too small? The first step is to measure the square footage of your home. Once you have the total square footage, calculate the number of BTUs required to provide adequate heat. You can do this by multiplying the total square footage by 50 to get the size of the boiler that’s right for you. For example, let’s say your home is 1,500 square feet, the boiler output should be at least 75,000 BTUs. If you’re still not sure, call Anderson Heating & Cooling and let our experts recommend the best system for you.
Is your home’s air quality poor? Our air duct cleaning service may be just what you need.
How to Maintain Your Boiler
To ensure your boiler operates efficiently and lasts as long as possible, you must perform regular maintenance. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Inspect the vent and chimney for signs of deterioration.
- Check the heat exchanger for leaks.
- Flush the boiler at least once a month to remove sediment.
- Call an expert who offers boiler maintenance service.