Here in Mentor, Ohio, we’re not immune to blazing summer weather. And if your home isn’t the refreshing oasis you want it to be, it’s time to make it right by calling an AC contractor who knows the most popular systems inside and out. If your AC isn’t keeping you as cold as it should, call Anderson Heating & Cooling for help.
We offer a full menu of AC services to keep you cool:
- Air Conditioning Repair & Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Installation & Replacement
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Air Handler Services
- Evaporator Coil Services
- Refrigerant Leak Services
- Indoor Air Quality
- AC Filter Replacements
- Air Duct Cleaning and Repairs
- Air Cleaners & Filtration
- Heat Pump Services
If the air quality in your home isn’t as clean as it should be, check out our AC filter replacements and see if that’s the problem.
5 Signs Your Air Conditioner Is Giving Out
During the summer, you rely on your air conditioner to keep you and your family cool and comfortable day and night. And all of that wear and tear on the system can cause premature failure. Fortunately, most units give off warning signs saying there’s a problem and that a repair or replacement is needed. Watch out for these five common symptoms of a failing AC:
- Weak Airflow: A reduction in the airflow is one of the first signs telling you that something in your AC isn’t right.
- Odd Sounds: Most AC units operate in near silence, so when yours begins emitting banging or grinding sounds, it’s time to call in for a repair.
- Fluid Leaks: If you see moisture or fluid where there shouldn’t be, call an AC contractor right away.
- Lukewarm Air: If the air isn’t as cold as it used to be, your system could need a tune-up or replacement.
- Bad Smell: The air coming out of your AC should be clean and fresh. But if you smell foul odors, it could be mold or burned wires.
How Often Should You Replace Your Air Conditioner?
Your air conditioner is designed to provide years of reliable service. However, like any appliance, they eventually break down. And even when they still operate, they become inefficient over time, which costs you money. According to Energy Star, the average homeowner should replace their AC unit when it’s over ten years old. Is it time to replace yours? Here are signs that say, yes.
- Your system breaks down more frequently
- Your energy bills are going up
- The humidity in your home fluctuates
- Your unit can’t keep up with your cooling needs anymore
If you’re not sure about whether to replace your AC or not, call Anderson Heating & Cooling today for a consultation.
If your water heater isn’t putting out the hot water it used to, check out our water heater services then call for help.
Expert AC Services
When you need an expert to maintain or replace your air conditioner, there’s only one name that should be at the top of your list — Anderson Heating & Cooling. Our skilled techs know the most popular AC systems inside and out and will diagnose your problem and fix it quickly. Our services include new AC installations, AC repair, and AC tune-ups. Call us today!