Mentor, OH, residents trust Anderson Heating & Cooling for all of their residential heating needs because we have over 30 years’ experience in the HVAC business. Our technicians are highly-trained on virtually every make and model of furnace and heater, and we’ve never met a problem we didn’t fix. Put us in your contact list and remember Anderson Heating & Cooling the next time you need furnace repair, replacement, or maintenance.
Don’t wait until summer arrives. Call us and ask about our air conditioning repairs now.
5 Signs You Need Furnace Repair
When the temperature drops, you depend on your furnace or heater to keep your family warm and safe. And the last thing you need is for your system to give out when you need it most. Here are the top five symptoms of a failing furnace.
- Abnormal odors: If you smell strong odors of fuel or burning, it could be cause for alarm. Call an HVAC professional for assistance right away.
- Unit cycles on and off: A furnace or heater that continually shuts off and on means it’s having difficulty keeping the right temperature. It could be trouble with the thermostat or something more rooted in the system.
- Inadequate heat: If you’re not warm enough, no matter how much you adjust the thermostat, it could be that your furnace can’t keep up with the demand anymore.
- Strange noises: Most furnaces make a little noise, but when you notice something out of the ordinary, it’s time to call in a pro for inspection.
- Poor air quality: Your HVAC system impacts the air quality in your home. And sometimes, the air in the house is more polluted than the air outside. If you’re stuffed up or have breathing issues, it could be the result of a malfunctioning furnace.
How To Maintain Your Heater
The best way to ensure your heater is ready to go when winter arrives and lasts for as long as possible is to perform regular maintenance. To keep your furnace running smoothly, follow these simple tips:
- Keep your filter clean by changing it regularly
- Make sure the blower motor runs correctly
- Reduce the home’s heating load by adding insulation
- Keep household vents clear and free from clutter
- If you have a gas furnace, make sure the flue to the outside isn’t blocked
- Call an HVAC professional for annual tune-up service
If you or someone in the family has trouble breathing, check out our indoor air quality service for help.
How Often Should You Tune-Up Your Furnace?
Some people don’t want to pay the expense of hiring someone to perform maintenance on their furnace but consider that hiring a professional means getting a thorough inspection of the system, which can identify small problems before they become big ones. Most experts recommend that you get furnace maintenance at least once a year if the unit is over ten years old, and every other year if they have newer units.