Your furnace works overtime to keep your family comfortable all winter long. And the stress of working day and night takes a toll, which can cause your system to break down when you need it most. Call Anderson Heating & Cooling when you need 24-hour furnace repair in Mentor, OH, and we’ll be there to make it right in no time.
If it’s time to get a new furnace, call us for expert furnace installation today.
5 Tell-Tale Signs Saying Your Furnace Is Dying
Having a furnace give out during the dead of winter is unthinkable. So, to avoid disaster, be mindful of these warning signs telling you that your furnace needs repair.
- Age: A furnace that’s over 20 years old is at the end of its life and needs replacing.
- Sudden rise in utility bills: The average furnace becomes less efficient with age, which means it works harder to provide heat making your energy bills go up.
- More frequent repairs: A Repairing your furnace more frequently is a sure sign that it’s time to replace it with a new, more reliable unit.
- Lack of comfort: A If you’re not comfortable no matter how you set your thermostat, or you have some rooms warmer than others; it’s a sign the system is giving out.
- Unusual sounds: A Most furnaces make a little noise, but when you hear noises you’ve not heard before like squealing or rattling, it may be a sign that your furnace is in trouble.
If you notice any of the above signs, you must call for help right away before the problem gets worse.
How to Maintain Gas and Oil Furnaces
A new furnace installation is an expense most people would put off for as long as possible. To get the best performance out of your furnace, and to ensure it lasts as long as possible, here’s a handy checklist for keeping it in tip-top shape.
- Clean or replace the air filter when the season begins and every month during use.
- Clean the blower assembly.
- Check the belts and pulleys to the blower and motor and repair or replace it if needed.
- Check the limit switch to ensure proper function.
- Calibrate your thermostats.
- Clean the ducts and replace insulation if necessary.
- Check the pilot light or igniter for proper function.
- Make sure there are no drafts to extinguish the pilot light.
- Call a professional heating contractor for maintenance service at least once a year.
If your family isn’t getting the hot water you want, check out our water heater services for help.
Common Furnace Problems
According to many experts, typical heater and furnace problems can be traced back to lack of maintenance. Just like a car, your furnace needs regular upkeep to ensure it runs smoothly and provides you with the comfort you desire. To keep your system running as it should, call a professional HVAC contractor and ask about their annual maintenance and tune-up service. This service keeps your furnace running well, and helps you avoid costly repairs later.