At Anderson Heating & Cooling, we’re concerned about every customer. That’s why we offer products to clean and purify the air you breathe and to make your home a healthier place to live. Residents in Mentor, OH trust us with all of the HVAC needs, and we hope to add you to that list. Call us today for all of your humidifier repair and replacement needs.
If the air in your home isn’t as clean as it should be, check out our air duct cleaning service for help.
5 Benefits of Installing a Humidifier
Many people experience breathing and respiratory problems during the warm months because the air is filled with allergens. To make matters worse, your AC brings in those allergens to your home. A humidifier helps in several ways, including:
- Reduced Risk of Influenza: Some studies suggest that a humidifier reduces the risk of catching influenza because humidity levels above 40 percent neutralize virus particles.
- Benefits Coughing: You might not think a cough is beneficial, but it is. When you add moisture to the air, your coughs release phlegm and other germs.
- Keeps Skin Hydrated: Dry air means dry skin and lips. Adding moisture to the air keeps your skin smooth and hydrated.
- Reduces Snoring: When you add moisture to the air, you lubricate your airways, which can reduce the amount of snoring during the night.
- Household Benefits: If you have plants or wood furniture, both can benefit from increased moisture in the air.
Where Should You Install a Humidifier?
When using a humidifier, the placement is crucial. Ideally, you’d put it in the room where you spend the most time, such as the living room. You must also be aware of the height. Many experts advise putting the unit on a table that raises it about two feet off the ground. However, some experts suggest installing the humidifier where you need it most, such as the bedroom. If you’re not sure about humidifier installation, call the experts at Anderson Heating & Cooling for a consultation.
Are you always running out of hot water? Check out our tankless water heaters for an upgrade.
How Big of a Humidifier Do I Need?
The key to sizing a humidifier is to know in which room you’ll install it. The best setup is to install multiple units throughout the house for maximum coverage. However, if you only put in one, size it according to the room. Resist the urge to get the biggest one you can for a small bedroom because you’ll put too much moisture in the air, which can cause mold to form. To find the right size, measure the square footage of the room, and then choose the model accordingly. If you’re unsure, call us and let us size the unit for you.