When a furnace fails during the dead of winter, it’s easy to panic and worry about how you’ll keep warm. Many contractors are busy this time of year, and getting an appointment is difficult. However, at Anderson Heating & Cooling, our expert technicians are always ready to help, 24/7. Count on us the next time you have an HVAC emergency and need service in Eastlake, OH.
If you’re still unsure we’re the right 24-hour heating company to call, find out what your neighbors are saying on our customer reviews page.
Why Heater Maintenance Is Important
Maintaining your furnace or heater is as important as maintaining your car. You must service them regularly to ensure they operate smoothly and to avoid costly repairs. Installing a new heater during winter after it breaks is an expense most people aren’t prepared for. However, you can prevent this by making sure your furnace is running well and ready to perform when needed. Here are a few tips:
- Clean or replace the filter every three months or every month if you have pets
- Check the blower motor and make sure it’s functioning properly
- Make sure the exhaust flue to the outside is clear if you have a gas furnace
- Add insulation to your home to take the strain off the furnace
- Call an HVAC professional for an annual tune-up
Watch Out for These Furnace Failure Signs
It’s the beginning of a long, cold winter, and you depend on your heater to get you and your family through it. The last thing you need is for your furnace to fail. So, watch out for these signs that something is wrong so you can call for a repair and avoid a disaster.
- Shorty Cycling: When your heater stays on for three minutes or less, it’s called short cycling, and you must address this before it gets worse.
- Irregular Flames: If you have a gas furnace, check the burners and make sure the flames are even.
- Unusual Noises: When you hear rumbling or popping, it could be a variety of issues, all of which should be dealt with now before they become worse.
- Uneven Heat: If you have one room that’s warmer than the others, your system may not be able to handle your heating demands anymore.
- High Energy Bills: High energy bills could mean your furnace is inefficient and needs replacing.
Don’t put off that HVAC repair because of money. Check out our specials for outstanding savings!
When to Call for 24 Hour Emergency Furnace Repair
Not every furnace problem requires a call to an emergency repair technician, but sometimes, you can’t wait for an appointment. Remember to call Anderson Heating & Cooling when:
- You have no heat
- You smell gas from your furnace
- It’s a weekend or holiday, and you can’t make it without heat
- You feel the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning
- The pilot light on your furnace is out